How to Put On A Steering Wheel Cover
Steering wheel covers are an excellent way to protect your car's steering wheel against damage and also provide a better grip to improve driving. Getting a steering wheel cover will surely improve the look of your car in many ways. For instance, if you get one that matches the colors of the fabric on the seats, you will also realize that handling steering with a steering wheel with a cover is more comfortable than driving with one without a cover. They are available in several designs and materials and can be easily installed at home.
In this guide, we will discuss 5 easy steps which you can take to install the steering wheel cover at home, their benefits and also how you can remove them after putting it on. A quick list of these 5 steps are;
- Clean the steering wheel
- Align the steering wheel cover
- Cover the sides
- Cover the bottom
Step 1: Clean the Steering wheel
Before starting, it is a good idea to clean the steering wheel with a vinyl cleaner to avoid any bacteria build-up. Avoiding this step could result in long-term damage and you might end paying for the replacement of a steering wheel.
Step 2: Align the Steering Wheel Cover
If you are using a stretch-style steering wheel, it can be a good idea to use a blow dryer to heat the inside of the cover which makes it easy to install. Adjust the top of the steering wheel cover to the top of the steering wheel and slide it while stretching it at the same time.
Step 3: Cover the Sides
Once the top is fully slid in, stretch the sides and make use of your fingers to cover the steering wheel from left and right as well. Work your way from the top to the sides making sure you fit one first and then move to another.
Step 4: Cover the bottom
Once you have covered the sides, you can now cover the bottom portion of the wheel. Covering the bottom is the hardest and requires some additional force. Try to stretch the steering wheel cover with force and you will be able to slip the steering wheel inside.
For a visual representation on how to can put on your steering wheel cover, check out the video below;
The Benefits Of Installing Steering Wheel Covers
- The steering wheel covers make the interior of your vehicle look attractive. Especially if you get a matching design with the fabric in your vehicle’s seats or the dashboard.
- A good design of a steering wheel cover should be able to improve your grip on the steering wheel.
- The steering wheel cover makes the steering wheel easy for use in some harsh conditions which affect the condition of the steering wheel.
- The steering wheel cover protects the steering wheel and cancels the need for replacing it due to wear and tear.
- The steering wheel cover will enable you to comfortably hold the steering wheel when it is vibrating due to some issues with the vehicle.
- Protection from harsh weather conditions that might affect the steering wheel.
How To Remove Your Steering Wheel Cover
You may want to remove an old steering cover. You can remove the steering wheel cover on your steering wheel through the following procedure:
1. You can try to use enough force to remove the cover. If it starts to loosen up, then you will be doing the right thing.
2. Another way to get this done is by using a blow dryer. This will heat the cover and make it’s material flexible and hence easy for you to remove it.
As noted in this article, the steering wheel cover is an important addition to your vehicle that you should not take for granted as it will provide the protection needed to prevent the wearing out of the steering wheel while also adding elegance to the interior of your vehicle.
Covering the steering wheel with a cover may seem tedious at first but it is usually a simple task. If you opt for a stitch-required steering wheel, you should take your car to a service store and let the experts do the job. If you are looking to buy the best quality steering wheel covers at very affordable prices then look no further that here at Topdrive. We offer our customers comfort by providing quality car accessories at pocket friendly prices.